Exercises are ways to improve body stamina and there are so many forms. There is yoga that specialises in improving the body’s dexterity and balance, there is also another very similar that does the same and more, pilates. It focuses on strengthening the core strength and to become an instructor you might need to go through advanced pilates teacher training.
This article will help you know what qualifications you would need to have to become an instructor and also give you an insight into what the work entails.
The skill you will need to have to begin your career in pilates include:
- Good communication skills, as with many jobs including fitness, you will be working with a lot of people closely and you will need to be able to communicate with them better.
- Motivation skills – in fitness roles such as this, you need to know how to push and not badger people to reach their potential. You must also enjoy the company of others, especially strangers.
- Have good business skills, if you’re looking to become self-employed.
- Your physical fitness must be good and you must have the stamina to be able to teach people all day. So personal exercises are something you must be used to since you cannot help others if you’re lacking.
- Last and most important, you must have basic but in-depth knowledge of the whole practice and also be flexible.
You should also know your work involves
- Helping your clients work on equipment or mats.
- Developing programmes that would suit your clients
- Anchoring group training sessions
Also, you should always improve yourself in areas where you are lacking by taking professional courses and broadening your skills in a more specialised area.